Mediation in Singapore: A practical Guide 2e (DUO)
Recent changes in mediation include the passing of the mediation bill in 2017; amendments to the Supreme Court practice directions on the provisions for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for civil cases; and the reallocation of cases by the Family Justice Courts to Mediation. In light of these changes, the 2nd edition of Mediation in Singapore provides much-needed practical advice and guidance to practitioners through theoretical discussions on meditation and its application to real-life case studies.
Author(s)/Editor(s)/Contributor(s): George Lim SC and Danny McFadden LLM
Date of Publication: Apr 2018
Table of Contents :-
- Development of Mediation in Singapore
- Conflict and Dispute Resolution
- Modern Mediation Defined
- Process and Stages of Mediation
- Developing Quality Mediators through Training
- Psychology and the Interest-Based Model of Mediation
- Culture and Its Importance of Mediation
- Legal Foundations of Mediation
- An Overview of Court Mediation in the State Courts of Singapore
- The Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC)
- The Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) (NEW)
- The Development of Mediation for Civil Disputes
- Family Mediation - The Perspective of Family Courts
- The Development of Mediation for Community and Social Disputes
- Mediation of Criminal Matters in the State Courts
- Features of a Dispute Suitable for Mediation
- Lawyer Representation and Advocacy at Mediation (NEW)
- Online Dispute Resolution (NEW)
- Mediation in an International Context (NEW)
George Lim, S.C.
With 20 years of experience, George, is a pioneer in the cross-border commercial mediation scene in Singapore and Asia. His depth of legal expertise and knowledge but most of all, an ability to distill complex issues to their essence, is a testment to his expertise in mediation.
Danny McFadden, LLM, FCIArb, Regional representative of CEDR Asia Pacific Hong Kong, World Bank Mediator and Trainer
Danny worked as a CEDR Director (London) since 2004 and is dually qualified as a lawyer both in Australia and the UK. He has been involved in negotiation, conflict resolution training, mediation and international business for over 20 years. In 2015, Danny was included in Who's Who Legal: Mediation and in 2016 was the Winner of the International Advisory Experts Mediation Law award for Hong Kong.
- Mediation in Singapore: A practical Guide 2e (DUO)